Saturday, August 21, 2010

Keeping up

Dang it.   It's been about a month since I've updated this blog.    I take no responsibility for this lack or updating -- I blame my son.   He's the one occupying my time.  

Over the last month, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching him gain some independence.   He's able to entertain himself, smile, laugh, and he's getting ready to roll over and sit up.    He still poops.  


There are times that I desperately want him to roll over, because it's another feather in his cap.   And, really, it allows me to brag to everyone that my kid is rolling over.    Really, I think that all of these milestones -- crawling, talking, eating, memorizing the quadratic formula -- mean way too much to us parent-types.   

It's not to say that milestones for the child aren't important during growth and development.   They are, I suppose.   I mean, once he can roll over, my son will be able to...umm, roll over again.   So, we got that going for us, which is nice.   


My son won't update his cutelittlebabyfacebook status when he rolls over.   He will, though, update his Twitter account, though.    Have you checked it out?    You might enjoy.  


For those of you that have young children, and you want to compare your child's accomplishments to my son's, here's a list of what he:   
  • sits upright
  • scoots
  • sleeps through the night
  • hates the Steelers
  • holds his own bottle - kind of
  • laughs
  • ignores the WNBA
  • updates Twitter

So, um, take that, other parents!

1 comment:

  1. It is important that he hate the Stealers and ignore the WNBA - especially after the Cleveland Rockers disappeared.

    ReplyDelete